Short Description: Performs diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and/or maintain building equipment, buildings, and grounds of RTI, related properties, as well as fulfill fee for service schedule of maintenance and repairs, coordinate/oversee and/or install Assistive Technology (AT) such as ramps, porch lifts, home modifications, stair glides, vehicle modifications, and other related AT items.
Status: Full or Part-Time (20 to 30 hours a week) or one Full time 40 hours a week. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Salary: $18-$28 DOE. 8% Retirement Benefits, Health Insurance, Dental, Health Savings Account, and other Benefits (for those that are employed at 30 hours and above).
Reports to: Program Manager and Executive Director.
Closing Date: The position remains open until filled.
Location: Ogden, Utah
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Maintenance Technician/Assistive Technology Coordinator” in the subject line, or mail/deliver resume to:
Roads to Independence
Attn: Curtis Haring, Program Manager
3355 Washington Blvd.
Ogden UT 84401
- Responsible for Assistive Technology (AT) inventory.
- Assess people with disabilities to find out what type of equipment will work best for them and then log out the equipment.
- Coordinate the ordering of equipment, supplies, and parts with approval.
- Clean and keep AT equipment in good working order.
- Deliver, install, and pick up AT as needed and applicable.
- Work throughout the community in educating agencies, organizations and community members of the availability of services offered by RTI.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be able to understand and maintain basic inventory records.
- Must be able to lift at least 75 pounds.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting, squatting, bending, turning, hauling.
- Mechanically inclined and be able to repair equipment.
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Background Check.
- Must have a valid Utah Driver’s License, proof of insurance and good driving record.
- High school graduate or GED, some secondary education preferred.
- Familiarity with disability issues and independent philosophy a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from work, throughout Tri-County and surrounding areas.
- Knowledge of the ADA a plus.
- Experience working with AT a plus.
- General knowledge of construction and/or small motors a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Person with a disability plus.
Benefits / Why Work With Us:
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Relocation Assistance
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, Roads reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Roads To Independence (RTI) is a non-profit, grassroots, advocacy organization by and for people with disabilities. RTI is an active agency looking to assist individuals with disabilities live as independently in the community as possible. Core services include but are not limited to Advocacy, Information and Referral, Life Skills Training, Peer Support, Recreation, Assistive Technology and Transition (Youth, Nursing Home, and Diversion from Institutions). We primarily cover Davis, Morgan and Weber Counties.
RTI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and sustaining a work environment that is inclusive. Women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities.