Short Description: Performs diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and/or maintain building equipment, buildings, and grounds of RTI, related properties, as well as fulfill fee for service schedule of maintenance and repairs, coordinate/oversee and/or install Assistive Technology (AT) such as ramps, porch lifts, home modifications, stair glides, vehicle modifications, and other related AT items. In addition, the individual will provide transportation for people with disabilities and delivering equipment utilizing Roads To Independence’s vehicle(s) to planned activities and events (occasional nights and weekends).
Status: Full or Part-Time (20 to 30 hours a week) or one Full time 40 hours a week. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Salary: $16-$20 Hour, DOE. 8% Retirement Benefits, Health Insurance, Dental, Health Savings Account, and other Benefits (for those that are employed at 30 hours and above).
Reports to: Program Manager and Executive Director.
Closing Date: The position remains open until filled.
Location: Ogden, Utah
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Maintenance Technician/Driver” in the subject line, or mail/deliver resume to:
Roads to Independence
Attn: Curtis Haring, Program Manager
3355 Washington Blvd.
Ogden UT 84401
- Provide necessary transportation for RTI’s Consumers for community integration activities, classes and peer support activities out in the community;
- Secure passengers with accessible equipment for safe transportation to and from RTI activities and other related appointments;
- Responsible for making calls to people who have scheduled transportation services or are looking to schedule rides;
- Responsible for coordination of vehicle maintenance;
- Complete necessary paper work for pickups and deliveries, scheduling, tracking, and entering log notes in to Center data base;
- Maintain records of all consumer contacts and transportation records;
- Deliver, install, and pick up AT as needed and applicable;
- Put inventory number on new or donated equipment;
- Enter equipment in log book/data base;
- Clean and keep equipment in good working order;
- Work throughout the community in educating agencies, organizations and community members of the availability of services offered by RTI;
- Office cleaning which includes but not limited to: Dusting, Vacuuming, sweeping, moping, washing, and other cleaning;
- Attend staff meetings and participate in general center events;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be customer friendly.
- Must have a valid Utah Drivers License, proof of insurance, and good driving record.
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from work, throughout Morgan, Weber, Davis, and surrounding areas.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to do some lifting, squatting, bending, turning, hauling.
- Must have knowledge on trouble shooting repairs on equipment.
- Knowledge on vehicle repair and maintenance a plus.
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Background Check.
- High school graduate or GED, some secondary education preferred.
- Familiarity with disability issues and independent philosophy a plus.
- Knowledge of the ADA and or public transportation services a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Person with a disability plus.
Benefits / Why Work With Us:
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Relocation Assistance
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, Roads reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Roads To Independence (RTI) is a non-profit, grassroots, advocacy organization by and for people with disabilities. RTI is an active agency looking to assist individuals with disabilities live as independently in the community as possible. Core services include but are not limited to Advocacy, Information and Referral, Life Skills Training, Peer Support, Recreation, Assistive Technology and Transition (Youth, Nursing Home, and Diversion from Institutions). We primarily cover Davis, Morgan and Weber Counties.
RTI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and sustaining a work environment that is inclusive. Women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities.$16