Short Description: Assistive Technology (AT) is any item, piece of equipment, software, or product system that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities. Several resources are available for finding and funding AT. RTI can help navigate these programs, assist people through the eligibility process, provide specific advice, assessments and recommendations to ensure they receive the assistance for which they are eligible.
Status: Full or Part-Time (20 to 30 hours a week) or one Full time 40 hours a week. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Salary: $20 – $28 an hour with 8% Retirement Benefits, Health Insurance, Dental, Health Savings Account, and other Benefits (for those that are employed at 30 hours and above). RTI will work with qualified candidates to cover part or all moving expenses at the time of hiring where appropriate.
Reports to: Program Manager and Executive Director.
Closing Date: The position remains open until filled.
Location: Ogden, Utah
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Assistive Technology Coordinator” in the subject line, or mail/deliver resume to:
Roads to Independence
Attn: Curtis Haring, Program Manager
3355 Washington Blvd.
Ogden UT 84401
- Evaluate the needs of people with disabilities and make AT recommendations for accessibility. AT items described above.
- Evaluate funding sources for consumer’s eligibility.
- Work with vendors and AT specialists (as noted above) to obtain bids for AT.
- Ensure work is completed to our expectations/standards, consumer satisfaction, and funding specifications.
- Perform intakes on new consume gathering all applicable documentation and information.
- Maintain individual Independent Living Plans on consumers and other records necessary to provide services.
- Provide information and referral services.
- Review, monitor and submit AT Packets to Utah State Office of Rehabilitation (USOR) and other funding sources.
- Submit necessary reports to the Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Work with AT Specialist to maintain accuracy and updated information on all files.
- Supervise and monitor files and maintain integrity and confidentiality.
- Generate and maintain data for PPR annual report.
- Participate in consumer evaluations and annual reviews.
- Advocate for consumers as needed.
- Interact with consumers in a professional manner with respect for their rights and maintain strict adherence to the independence living philosophy.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and Executive Director.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some College preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Experience with AT.
- Some construction and/or building maintenance experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be organized with attention to detail.
- Willingness to advocate, coordinate, and educate.
- Experience working with people with disabilities or other minority groups, personal experience with a disability is preferred.
- Reliable means of transportation to travel throughout a multi-county service area.
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Background Check.
- Construction background a plus.
- Familiarity with AT.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Experience with AgrAbility.
- Familiar with community resources.
- Knowledge of the American Disabilities Act and standards a plus.
- Ability to verbalize and express ideas clearly in written, oral, and computer communications.
- Experience with setting independent living goals with people with disabilities, providing individual and group services and maintaining consumer service records.
- Bilingual ability a plus.
- Able to lift/carry 75 pounds and take it up a flight of stairs a plus.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and must be computer literate, dependable, flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Personal experience with disability and /or knowledge of disability issues and the consumer/community based independent living philosophy a plus.
- A team player and supportive of other staff members.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Benefits / Why Work With Us:
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Relocation Assistance
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, Roads reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Roads To Independence (RTI) is a non-profit, grassroots, advocacy organization by and for people with disabilities. RTI is an active agency looking to assist individuals with disabilities live as independently in the community as possible. Core services include but are not limited to Advocacy, Information and Referral, Life Skills Training, Peer Support, Recreation, Assistive Technology and Transition (Youth, Nursing Home, and Diversion from Institutions). We primarily cover Davis, Morgan and Weber Counties.
RTI is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and sustaining a work environment that is inclusive. Women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities.